Ask Me About
Week of Nov. 9th, 2009
* This week, we read informational text about frogs. We will continue our study of these wonderful amphibians next week. Along with a partner, students took notes on frogs using a bubble map. We will use these bubble maps later when we write our informational paragraphs.
* We also sequenced an older story, The King, the Mice, and the Cheese. Do you know this book?
* We are almost finished with our IDMS assessments. Next week, we will finish the writing portion of the test.
* This week, we began our study of subtraction. We used a graphic organizer to help us understand that subtraction begins with a "whole" and then there is a part taken away. The part remaining is the difference.
* We also learned about the nickel. We are learning to determine the value of a set of mixed coins (nickels and pennies). You can help your child with this valuable skill by practicing at home.
* Many students are working on counting past 100 as they count their own personal Garehime Gold! They are excited to think about spending some of their hard-earned GG on Going to Town Night next Friday.